Terms of Service*
These Terms of Service are relevant to NON-COMMERCIAL projects only and are subject to revising, editing, and additions without notice. Prices and policies are based in part off of the most recent edition of the “Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines” book.
Please check out my price guides:
Stained glass price guide
General commissions (Digital artwork and CG work) [In Progress]
1) Displayed base prices are subject to change according to the complexity, difficulty, size and medium of each individual piece.
2) Clear and concise visual references and/or description of a commission idea must be provided by the Client. After which a preliminary quote will be provided by the Artist.
3) Payments $200 and under must be made up front in full before preliminary work begins. Payment plans are available for commissions above $200. For stained glass, a $15 non-refundable sketch & design fee is requested before preliminary work begins. Once the design is approved, full payment (for designs under $200) or partial payment is requested before further work is begun.
4) If the artwork is finished before final payments are made, the Client will not receive the stained glass, original paint/drawing or un-watermarked digital image of the commission until final payments are made.
5) Clients will have the opportunity to direct alterations of their commission in the design stage for stained glass or thumbnail stage for digital or CG work. For stained glass I will work with the client to provide a design sketch of the final product with colors as well as glass examples. For digital or CG work I will present three to five loose thumbnail sketches from which a client may choose before I refine the drawing. No more than five design or thumbnails revisions (or equal in terms of small alterations) will be made unless the Client wishes to pay for extra for new designs/thumbnails.
6) The Artist reserves the right to reject critique and redline pertaining to artistic skill or style preference (i.e. anatomy, coloring style, etc.) if said critique reduces the artistic quality of the piece.
7) If the Client wishes to cancel their commission during the design or sketch stage they will be refunded 50% of what they paid.
8) If the Client wishes to cancel their commission during or after the cutting stage (glass work) or coloring stage (digital art) they will not be issued a refund.
9) The Artist will not discuss a commission with a client via public forum, instant messenger, or private note. Communications about commissions between Client and Artist will be made only through email (email@example.com) to ensure all information and communications are consolidated in one location.
10) The Artist reserves the right to issue a refund and cancel a commission due to poor communication, rude or inappropriate behavior, or inability to communicate in effective English.
11) The Artist ensures the Client will receive email updates on commission when necessary. Clients are encouraged to check in when they feel it’s necessary for updates, assurance or reminders. Public updates may also be made via Deviantart.com journal (falconsong.deviantart.com).
12) The artist will not handle depiction of illegal activities, sexually explicit (x-rated) materials and hateful images. Artistic nudity, violence, gore, and humorously offensive work will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The Artist reserves the right to reject any commission for any reason.
13) The Artist retains the right to display all commissioned work on any personal website, gallery, or journal. If the commissioned work is a time-sensitive gift the Artist may delay public showcase at the request of the Client.
14) The Artist retains ALL the rights to the commissioned artwork, including the right to make prints and merchandise. Image rights can be negotiated for an added fee.
15) The Client retains all rights to their respective characters. This does not allow them rights to the commissioned image (see articles 14 and 15).
16) The Client may not profit from the artwork beyond the resale of a physical original painting, drawing (traditional media, not digital), jewelry, or glasswork. This includes the sale of the digital files, or rights to the image.
17) The Client may create up to three prints for personal use (display in their home or as gifts). Client may also re-size or crop the artwork to create icons, wallpapers, or other graphics to be used in non-commercial digital format, but the Client cannot alter the artwork itself. The Client may also upload the artwork to their personal website or gallery, but credit and a link to the Artist is required, and it must not be any high resolution or un-watermarked version of the artwork.
18) The Artist may recycle sketches and preparatory works that were rejected by the Commissioner for other commissions or personal works.
19) Payments must be made via a trackable means (paypal, check, etc.) for the safety of the Commissioner and Artist. Concealed cash (cash sent via the mail) is not accepted under any circumstances.
20) The Client must read, understand and agree to all the above terms before entering into an agreement with the Artist. By sending payment, the Client agrees to the above terms.
*This TOS has been lifted in major part from Eskiworks. It is used with permission and a load of gratitude! She is a wonderful artist and I highly recommend her work which can be found at: Eskiworks Art.